Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The end of an Era

The days of "easy" moving are now gone.  My entire married life as been wonderful.  It still is, but as the end of my time in Monterey draws near, I realize just how good I had it.  I have been blessed with being able to have my husband available to me for every move.  This move, even though he's here and not on the other side of the world, has been all me and less than pleasant.  I feel chaotic and disorganized and as if this day has come all too soon.  The packers come tomorrow and I know I am getting down to the wire.  Joe has been as helpful as he can but his thesis comes first right now.  I just want him to get it done.  I have amazing friends that want to help and I appreciate they are willing to do to help me.  But I am starting to feel the sadness creep in and the reality of leaving some of my dearest friends behind come to the forefront.  I love my friends here and I will miss them so much.  I think the older I get the harder it is to say good bye to these wonderful people that come into and bless my life.  I know it's difficult for my kids.  I sent kid #2 to school and his little heart was breaking because he is going to miss his friends.  Even the mentioning of cousins and fun adventures didn't cheer him up.  He love is teacher, and do I.  I wish I could just take everyone with me where ever I go.  But the Lord has need of me in other places.  As my family sets out on this next adventure, I will keep all these friends in my heart.  Thank you Monterey Bay for letting me in on all your beauty and thank you friends who love me and all my drama!  I will miss you.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love you sis! You can do it. :) Keep your chin up.