Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tornado!!!

So while Joe and I are in Tampa trying to get our future housing taken care of, we stopped in to the BX on MacDill to get Joe some sandals (his had a mold infestation that we can't quite explain since he never uses them ... or maybe that's why?)  then we decided to eat some lunch while there.  In the midst of eating my "Archer" sandwhich from the almost Subway shop called Robin Hood Sandwiches, the lovely Aussie that was speaking over the loud speaker announced that the base was under a tornado warning and to please gather our things and move to the back of the store to Customer service.  We kind of laughed and gather our stuff and moved back to where the crowd was being herded.  After a short while, they announced we would be stuck there for about 30 minutes.  So we made ourselves as comfortable as we could on the hard linoleum tiled floor right in front of the very new and impressive Sony 3D TV to watch the ending of a little film called AVATAR.  I do have to say it was very impressive to watch that movie on a 3D screen.  I was almost entertained!  But my fun couldn't last as long as that movie.  After just 15 minutes the storm passed and we were cleared to go.  As we exited and got in the car, we noticed it had dropped a lot of rain, but not too much damage to the immediate area.  So we set off on our adventure of finding my dream home.  We got the Nav. all set up to tell us where to go and we left the base.  But after about a mile we saw just how much damage was done.  There were tree's down and roads washed out.  We had to turn around and find an alternate route to our location.  I wish I had thought of taking pictures of the guard rail that was torn up and in the middle of the road, but I was not so quick.  But we did get a picture of the road that we drove on that was flooded. :)  I will add it to my post when I can figure out how to get it off my phone.  Yes once again I forgot to bring my camera.  :(   As our adventures continue on our quest to finding our dream home I will keep you updated and I am sure we will have plenty to share with all of you!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like an adventure...Good luck in the searching of your dream home.