Thursday, February 26, 2009

getting what i want!

So now that we are at the end of our time here in Okinawa, I have taken it upon myself to start buying the things I have always wanted. Some things are only $1 and others are quite a bit more. I found a secratary desk that I really want and so I took Joe to go look at it. He's wasn't as fond of it as I was, but that's okay because I did have a back-up plan... Chinese Rugs! There is merchant here from China that sells rugs. Beautiful rugs for a much cheaper price than if we were to buy the in the states. I have admired the rugs on many occasions. They are only here every 4-6 months or so. So I motioned across the room to the rugs and said to Joe, Hey, that rug is really pretty what do you think? And then we were off on an adventure of finding a rug we could both be happy with. Okay so I am a little devious, but I always get what I want....in a round about way. So We bought a beautiful Chinese Wool Rug for about 1/3 the price! I am so excited. Because we are moving, we had them wrap it up for us. When we get settled in Monterey, I will put up some pictures. Now, What more should I get before I leave?.... (Perhaps I can convince him the secratary desk would be a worth while item and then I can have both!)

2 comments:

rylissite said...

You know, I usually get what I want too, isn't it funny how that works? Where did you get this rug at? Tim really wants one, and we haven't seen any around recently, and I'm sure he'd love to take a look at least!

The Caldwells said...

You could always remind him that the government computer desk isn't going back with you so you need to replace it. Then remind him what a deal that secretary desk is!